Stephen Boruff, AIA Architect + Planners, Inc. was contracted by Conkling & Lewis Construction to design the renovation of The Lyric Theatre in Stuart, Florida. Built in 1926 as a Silent Movie House the structure has been bought and sold to various concerns and used in a variety of manners. In 1987 a downtown redevelopment effort was underway when a group of community minded individuals saw The Lyric Theatre and realized there was an opportunity to save a historically significant structure. At the time The Lyric underwent much needed repairs to stabilize the building. On November 12, 1993 The Lyric Theatre was named to the National Register of Historic Places. In 2005 The expansion of The Lyric was commenced and completed. The finds raised for the most recent renovations were to make the theatre more comfortable and elegant. Renovations include a new entrance, orchestra seating, lighting, bar, carpeting and a new sound system as well as structural. The Lyric Theatre seats 500 and has a 22′ x 30′ stage. This grand old theatre represents a colorful history as a central gathering place for young and old alike.
Conkling & Lewis, Inc.
15,000 square feet